Contest University 2014 – Dayton, OH
*** Registration now open ***
Contest University will be held on Thursday May 15, 2014, from 7:00am to 5:00pm, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dayton, Ohio. This is the day before the Dayton Hamvention officially opens. Don't miss this rare opportunity to gain knowledge that may take you years of practice, trial and error or lost time to learn otherwise. Get the edge to improve your scores and put your station in the winners circle today!
Registration Fee (see below) will include the following:
- Full day of training and knowledge enhancement, for both beginners and advanced contesters, taught by veteran Contesters (see list of CTU Professors and Topics below).
- Breakfast Buffet and Boxed Lunch on Thursday.
- Coffee all day, Cookies during break.
- Slide textbook and class notes. Access to color slide decks.
- Full day of training and knowledge enhancement.
- Lots of handouts, catalogs and a CTU carry bag.
- You are also invited to the Wednesday Night Pizza Party.
2014 CTU Professors:
- H. Ward Silver, N0AX
- Doug Grant, K1DG
- Frank Donovan, W3LPL
- Ed Muns, W0YK
- Rob Sherwood, NC0B
- Randy Thompson, K5ZD
- Joel Harrison, W5ZN
- Tim Duffy, K3LR
- John Sluymer, VE3EJ
- Bob Wilson, N6TV
- Dan Zeitlin, K2YWE
2014 CTU Topics:
PDF copy of the 2014 Course Outline.
- Contest Radio Performance
- RTTY Contesting – multiple sessions
- How to Improve your Contest Station
- Contest Preparations
- Contest Propagation
- Operating ideas to improve your score
- Contest Antennas multiple sessions
- VHF Contesting
- The Spirit of Contest Rules
- CW Skimmer
- Reverse Beacon Network
- Tower Safety for Contest Stations
- Feedline - cable loss and maintenance
- Multi Operator Contest Strategies
- Short Vertical Receive Antennas
- K1DG Eye Ball Sprint
- Logging Software Review
- Feedline Chokes and Baluns
- Optimizing your Station
- Contesting Clubs - organization and motivation
- Small Station Optimization
- Contest Operating from Outside of the USA
- Selecting Rotors and Antennas
CTU 2014 Registration Fee:
- Sorry, No sign ups at the door!
- Sorry, no refunds - no cancellations.
- Scholarships (registration fee) available for those 25 years old or younger - contact us for info.
* If you have presented or will present a talk or a paper at any club meeting, or have an article about Amateur Radio published, between May 17, 2013 and May 15, 2014 - you qualify for a $10.00 registration fee discount.
*** Register Now! ***